Content Marketing Associate
As a Content Marketing Associate for The Speaker Lab, you’ll help build our content engine by helping to produce, publish, and promote organic content that serves our audience and builds our brand.
Our podcast has almost 500 episodes and over 2.5 million lifetime downloads. Our blog posts are read by thousands of speakers every week. And our social media reaches millions of people a month. With your help, we can take all of those things to the next level.
You’ll be responsible for the heavy lifting of making our content engine run — editing podcasts and creating show notes, writing SEO-optimized blog posts, creating video and graphic content for social media, and more.
This is an excellent role for someone with some marketing experience who wants to learn and grow as a content marketer. If you’re hungry, motivated, and ready to roll up your sleeves, we want to work with you!
This role is remote and we prefer North American time zones. We operate by normal business hours, but this position is flexible and you’ll have some freedom in when and where you’ll work. It’s more important to us that you accomplish certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than needing to constantly clock in/clock out (lame).
Expected annual compensation (base + bonus + benefits) is between $40K-$50K depending on your results and success in this role.
Here’s what an ideal candidate for this role looks like:
- Strong copywriting skills — you should be able to write well, both for longform articles and short, catchy snippets for social media.
- Good knowledge of podcast editing (or willingness to learn) — One of the main responsibilities of this role will be editing both video and audio versions of our weekly podcast, so it’s important to be comfortable here!
- Foundational SEO knowledge — you don’t need to be Rand Fishkin, but you do need to know basic principles of SEO like how to do keyword research, write SEO-optimized content, and how to get around tools like SEMRush, Ahrefs, and YoastSEO.
- Good graphic design skills — this role will be heavily involved in designing creative assets (both graphic and video) for our website and social media. You should know your way around the Adobe Suite and/or Canva well.
- Basic website/wordpress knowledge — you’ll be editing, scheduling, and posting content on our website regularly, so you should know your way around a Wordpress website. Bonus points for Elementor, Bricks, or Breakdance knowledge.
- Solid social skills — you should know how to create engaging and creative social media content that drives traffic to our website and builds brand awareness. Bonus points if you're willing to be the face of platforms like YouTube and TikTok.
It’s okay if you’re not an expert at all of those things, but you should be results-oriented and excited to run and own multiple different marketing projects to assist in accomplishing marketing goals.
We also want you to be a team player and be willing to assist with new projects that might be outside of your initial job description. We’re a fast growing company and our marketing efforts often shift and change to meet ongoing needs.
Success in this role will be primarily measured by your ability to assist the Content Marketing Manager in producing, publishing, and promoting organic content that serves our audience and builds our brand.
- Hungry and Curious: You follow the industry leading blogs (Hubspot, ExitFive, etc.) and are always looking for ways to level up in your skill set.
- Adaptable risk-taker. Things change rapidly, so we need you to be adaptable to change. We’re experiencing unparalleled growth as an organization and you will need to take risks in order to help us achieve our next level of growth. You must be able to “fail fast” without being demoralized.
- Self-driven. We promise to do our best to give you all the help you’ll need to be successful. Once you have the basic information and systems, we expect you to sprint. You must be a high-energy go-getter with a "can do" attitude who can collaborate with colleagues.
- A figure-it-out attitude. Even if you’ve never used a specific tool before, you know how to use google, teach yourself, and figure it out. Generally, others would describe you as “technologically savvy” and quick to learn new concepts.
- Coachable. You proactively seek out coaching from high-performing peers and crave honest feedback from your manager. Getting real-time feedback is best, but you can also build out a list of all the questions or challenges you faced in a given week and debrief with your manager during a scheduled one-on-one.
A few platforms you’ll be using:
- Yoast SEO
- Sprout Social
- Adobe Suite
- Google Suite
- Full coverage employee medical insurance
- 401k program with matching (opt)
- Pay cycle is every 2 weeks via direct deposit
- 15 days of paid time off
- Company-wide PTO between Christmas and the New Year!
Here at The Speaker Lab, we help speakers build and grow their business. We do this through many free products such as our podcast, YouTube videos, and blog but we also offer paid digital training through our online courses and training programs.
We’ve helped thousands of speakers spread their message all over the world. If that’s appealing to you, we’d love for you to join us.
We do work that matters and we do it in a fun way with a top-notch team of people. We are a virtual company so everyone works remote (but Grant does his best to recruit us to Nashville).
We believe that who you are is more important than what you do. Yes, your work matters and we have high standards, but we also care about you as a human. So we prioritize having fun and enjoying life.
We’re a fast-growing company that has grown rapidly over the past 5 years. Our core team of 40+ people is located all across the US.
We give speakers clarity, confidence, and a clear path to make an impact
Our Core Values
- Ownership: We believe ownership means that when you identify a problem, you take responsibility for the solution, and you follow through on the implementation.
- Growth: We believe growth means cultivating a culture that encourages challenging the status quo, evolving to meet market needs, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- People: We believe people matter so we serve them by respecting their journey, celebrating their success, building long-term relationships and helping them achieve fulfillment in their work.
The Speaker Lab
Get Booked and Paid to Speak in 90 Days. Guaranteed.