Social Media Specialist
As a member of the Purdue Marketing and Communications social media team, you have the opportunity to join a dynamic group charged with positioning, promoting and protecting the Purdue brand through managing the official Purdue University social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube and Reddit). Working closely with the Lead Digital Community Manager, you will deliver engaging storytelling and compelling content to Purdue University's key audiences.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As part of the Purdue social media team, this position will manage Purdue social media platforms to inform and engage potential and current students, their parents, Purdue alumni and donors and various other target audiences. This position will also:
- Schedule content through Sprout Social to align with the social media content calendar in Airtable.
- Build effective distribution plans to share marketing content to targeted audiences.
- Prepare social media reports to highlight the team’s efforts.
- Create social listening reports as needed to provide insight to leadership.
- Serve as the social media expert on your respective cross-functional team(s).
- Stay informed of platform updates and utilizing new features.
- Collaborate closely with news service, editorial and web development teams as well as the many individual Colleges, schools and departments.
- Brainstorm, collaborate and create with social media interns on student-driven/focused content for Instagram Reels and YouTube shorts.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Publications, or related
- Three (3) years of experience in a digital marketing, editorial or social media role
- Experience using Sprout Social or another social media planning and listening platform.
- Organizational skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Willingness to work outside of “standard” business hours.
- Comfortable learning new software and platforms for social media.
- Attention to detail as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service orientation with a "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to assess systems and processes for continuous improvement.
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.