The Content Writer for Purdue University’s Marketing and Communications team will help advance awareness, affinity, and demand for Purdue University through storytelling excellence and expertise. This versatile role is responsible for conceptualizing and producing creative content and signature stories within brand and on strategy across various media channels. Responsible for consistently displaying effective interviewing and emotive writing skills, as well as productive collaboration within the creative team.
Portfolio and/or writing examples required for full consideration
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write creative, emotive content and feature stories according to strategic brief and aligned with Purdue University’s master brand platform and brand guidelines
- Execute writing requests with accuracy and timeliness and embrace creative iteration
- Outputs could include brand creative, stories, social media content, promotional materials and/or campaign creative
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts with other members of the creative team
- Research peer institutions and campus partners, their competitors and target audiences to support creative strategy, identify content opportunity and inform execution
- Edit and proofread material as demand and scheduling requires
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, advertising, journalism, public relations, or related field
- Two (2) years of professional writing experience.
- Experience writing across digital mediums
- Proficient expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to become proficient in other software
- Proficient in AP Style
- Understanding of writing applications in traditional and emerging channels
- Ability to streamline verbose content to the focus on the main message in a concise, effective manner
- Consistent quality control in work
- Understanding of specific channels or vertical markets as required by job function
- Demonstrated ability to adapt style of copy to various audiences, purposes, or media
- Competency concepting and presenting creative work
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with external and internal constituents
- External or in-house agency experience. Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.