Lead Media Strategist
The Lead Media Strategist for Purdue University’s Marketing and Communications team will be responsible for development of a full marketing funnel paid strategy and implement of aligned tactics, including paid and organic search, video, social, and display advertising. Subject matter expert on paid media; emerging advertising channels for our internal stakeholders and the point of contact for cross-functional disciplines (Strategy, Analytics, Creative, etc.).
This individual will help build affinity and demand for Purdue University, preferred by students, employers, and partners. Becoming top-of-mind, meaningful and distinct with these target audiences will lead to greater student demand, greater employer demand, greater partner demand, improved student outcomes, reputation, and performance.
This will be a hybrid position that requires the ability to come to the West Lafayette campus once a month or as the business need dictates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define and implement full funnel channel (s) strategy, including long-term goals, go-to-market strategies, and key performance indicators within each platforms search engine.
- Develop a management, testing, and measurement framework to steer and monitor platform progress and success.
- Manage feedback loop with creative and vendor partners.
- Mastery of all campaign management, planning, and optimization functional responsibilities.
- Partner with external agencies, Creative, CRM, Martech, Legal, Finance, Analytics teams to prioritize execution, strategy, testing, measurement.
- Build consensus among cross-functional partners to ensure appropriate buy-in and support of initiatives and influence decision making within executive-level audiences.
- Operate to improve audience experience with and affinity for Purdue University.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Publications, or related field
- Six (6) years of experience in digital media buying or advertising
- Expert knowledge of digital marketing channels, including YouTube
- Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, promoting open communication, and collaborating cross-functionally.
- Experience overseeing internal and external teams/agencies.
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3DJE9os
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.