Senior Content Manager
If you like small teams and big challenges, if you’ve learned not to fear Google’s updates, and most importantly, if you love writing, this job might be for you.
What’s it all about?
As Uptime.com’s content strategist, you'll be responsible for handling content from strategy to execution. You'll work hand-in-hand with Leigh (Head of Marketing), product experts, and a team of freelance writers.
You'll have two main responsibilities:
1) Lead Uptime.com’s content strategy:
- Tone of voice: set a tone for our content that’s unique and remarkable.
- Semantics: identify which topics we should cover, in which order, and with what kind of content.
- Distribution: make sure that our content is found and consumed by both our existing users and potential prospects. Represent Uptime.com on social media channels.
- Reporting & Optimization: evaluate the impact of our content on brand awareness, traffic, conversions and measure our content’s NPS.
2) Manage Uptime.com’s content production:
- Lay solid foundations for our content: Source real-life examples, experts’ recommendations, and internal data to serve as a basis for our content.
- Write: Produce the most important pieces yourself.
- Strategize: Create detailed content briefs for the freelance writing team.
- Manage: Find & manage the best content collaborators for lower-priority pieces.
- Join a small remote team (24 people) where everyone can make a difference.
- Work for an established brand with a DR73 domain and get a chance to reach a large audience from the start.
- Create content in a highly competitive market and level up your skills.
- 30-min fit interview with Leigh (Head of Marketing)
- "Technical" content strategy test
- Test debrief & career deep dive
- Values interviews (with one cofounder and one leadership team member)
- 1-month check-list
- Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into Uptime.com's broader organization.
- You’ve started becoming an expert on website monitoring and all of our resources and documentation.
- You’ve collaborated with the Head of Marketing to understand the direction of our content strategy.
- You’ve created your first content briefs and assigned it to our current team of writers.
- 3-month check-list
- You’ve completed an audit of our existing content (blog, money pages & newsletter) to identify what’s working, what’s missing, and what’s to improve.
- You’ve defined the foundations of our content strategy (topics, content format, publishing frequency, tone of voice).
- 6-month check-list
- You’ve published the best cold email guide there is.
- You’ve implemented a robust process to increase our SEO traffic and conversions significantly.
- You’ve created a precise reporting that helps us track our progress in terms of traffic, engagement, and conversions.
- Excellent communication skills: you know how to explain anything in a simple manner (even when it’s very technical).
- Strong SEO skills: you know how to find the right keywords and how to produce content that's going to reach the top results.
- Native English: you write and speak English perfectly.
- Entrepreneur mindset: you’re ready to embody Uptime.com and push our content strategy to the next level.
- Bonus: you’re comfortable producing short videos.
Being part of Uptime.com will also get you:
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Health care plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Family leave (Maternity, Paternity)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Uptime & Performance Monitoring Made Easy