Senior Product Marketing Manager
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager for Competitive Intelligence, your mission is to develop key competitive strategies that position Sendoso as a highly differentiated and leading intelligent sending platform of choice in the market. In this role, you will build the competitive intelligence program from the ground up and ensure that Sendoso sales and customer success teams are best equipped with a deep understanding of the competitive landscape to ensure they can close more deals with a focus on driving key business metrics such as win rates, competitive win rates and ASP.
What You'll Do
- Conduct both primary and secondary market research to gain deep understanding of the competitive landscape and build an in-house competitive intelligence program from ground up.
- Define the Bill of Materials (BOM) and build industry leading sales tools such as competitive decks, competitive landmines, objection handling, competitive battlecards, 1-pagers etc. to arm the sales team with high quality competitive collateral and help them close more deals.
- Provide ongoing active deal support to sellers in competitive sales situations.
- Own and run key competitive secret shopper programs to inform executive leadership, product, and sales teams on key developments and gaps in competitor offerings.
- Conduct quarterly win-loss analysis, identify areas on why we are winning/losing and put out new initiatives to address those gaps with a focus on improving competitive win rates.
- Partner closely with sales, brand and demand generation teams to drive new competitive campaigns on a quarterly basis to capture market share and drive more closed-won opportunities.
- Deliver training and sales tools around competitive intelligence themes and topics to our sales team
- Work closely with the business operations team to build highly differentiated and competitive pricing and packaging strategies that enable our sales team to drive more deals with higher ASP.
- Work closely with the product management and platform product marketing team to influence product roadmap by identifying key product capabilities that will drive competitive differentiation within the Sendoso platform.
- Work closely with the head of product marketing on product positioning and messaging informed by competitive intelligence, customer research and market insights.
- Deliver monthly scorecards and reports to the executive team to demonstrate progress on the competitive intelligence program against key goals and objectives.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, preferably in B2B SaaS.
- Proven track record of building successful competitive intelligence programs from the ground up.
- Expert at understanding the market dynamics, customer needs and the competitive landscape
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with experience crafting compelling narratives and competitive playbooks for the sales team that move the needle.
- Experience in building competitive pricing & packaging models that drive higher ASP
- Experience working in a highly matrix organization and ability to influence both at the executive level all the way down to the junior level.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work cross functionally across different teams such as product management, sales, sales engineering, marketing and business operations.
- Experience in analyzing and sizing new market opportunities with an eye for competitive data to help inform and develop the product roadmap.
- Experience building and delivering enablement curriculum and tools to sales teams.
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred or equivalent work experience.
How You Work
- You are intellectually curious with a high drive for excellence and results.
- You are highly organized, can lead cross functional teams and drive projects from inception through launch
- You are a generalist with specialist tendencies i.e you can deep dive and own your subject matter.
- You are an expert at market research who enjoys building competitive intelligence programs from scratch
- You are customer-obsessed (both external and internal)
- You are a data-driven master storyteller who never loses sight that our customers are real human beings.
- You possess a growth mindset and can-do attitude even when faced with obstacles and limited resources/constraints.
- You are a strategist with strong critical thinking ability and an eye towards tactical execution to ensure superior outcomes.
- You are a no-nonsense GSD contributor.
How We work
• We work sane, sustainable and flexible working hours.
• We offer “take what you need” PTO, and have a genuine, supportive culture around work life balance and boundaries.
• We are consistently building, refining and automating processes to aid our work; we encourage each team member to propose and adopt new technologies, frameworks, and processes that make us more effective as an organization.
• Some of us work near or in corporate offices (pandemic permitting) but many of us work remotely full time.
• You are empowered to choose the environment that maximizes your happiness, engagement and ability to reach our shared goals.
• We provide comprehensive benefits to reward and support our employees.
Who We Are
Sendoso is the leading Sending Platform that delivers modern direct mail, personalized gifts, eGifts, and other Physical Impressions™ at scale. This makes it possible to build stronger, deeper, and more trusted relationships that move everything up and to the right! We’re a Series C company with $154M in venture capital funding with more than 800+ customers and 20,000 active users. Our award-winning Sending Platform connects online and offline experiences via cloud software, automation, and real-world logistics.
Our mission is to help companies rise above the noise by eradicating spam and elevating relationships. Our goal is to enable businesses everywhere to make more human connections in a digital world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.