Demand Generation Manager
About this role
Very is seeking an experienced B2B DemandGen Marketer to join our Marketing team. You will play an instrumental role in building this capability, working cross-functionally with Sales alongside your Marketing colleagues. Your primary focus will be to develop and build scaled, cross-channel campaigns that deliver value over volume, cost-effective growth at the top of the funnel for technologists seeking an IoT partner in both the commercial and industrial industries. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Brand and Demand Marketing. This role manages agency partnerships with the potential to grow into managing one junior direct report. It’s the perfect opportunity for someone who’s looking to roll up their sleeves, set incredible foundations, and deliver undeniable results with the support of Marketing and Sales.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at an analytical, yet tactical, level and be deeply grounded in audience insights that drive Very’s Demand Generation Marketing function. They will thrive in a results-driven environment, using data insights to define the success of their initiatives, continually raising the bar for impact against engagement and business goals. And, of course, they will be a trusted partner to their Creative, Product Marketing, and Digital Content colleagues, inspiring great work that delivers excessively high-quality leads for our Sales teams.
- Drive Quantitative Results: Own and execute the programs that generate high-quality Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) while optimizing Cost Per Gross Add, (CPGA), Cost Per Conversion (CPC), Return on Ad Spend, (ROAS), and the associated channel mix that increases Life Time Value (LTV).
- Reporting and Analytics: Develop a cadence of reporting on ROI by channel, funnel optimization results and share insights across leadership to help drive great decision-making.
- SEM / Paid Advertisement: Own paid agency relationships and drive results by partnering closely with an established organic SEO strategy to ensure zero cannibalization and maximize alignment with Product Marketing and Brand.
- Experiment and Grow: Develop and execute a systematic approach for experimentation, ensuring that every new tactic or channel has been validated before scaling investment.
- 6+ years of B2B marketing experience in demand generation to audiences in the United States.
- Interest in managing a small team. 2+ years of previous experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills and an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Experience directly optimizing CPC, CPGA, and other funnel metrics.
- Strong ability to gather, analyze, and report on data, turning facts into insights and recommendations.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to turn department-level strategies into demand-specific action plans with relative autonomy.
- Experience generating high-value B2B SQLs, leveraging specific personas to create hyper-focused campaigns — bonus points for a strong working knowledge of the B2B services space or IoT experience.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Experience working closely with sales, content, and operations partners.
- Ability to partner with creative teams; experience managing external agencies and budgets to produce high-quality assets.
- Proven ability to generate and nurture leads through a variety of channels, including paid media, paid social, email, retargeting, direct mail, webinars, etc.
- Hands-on experience using marketing automation and CRM platforms — specifically Hubspot and Salesforce — to execute campaigns that connect marketing-driven leads to sales outcomes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.