Director of Demand Generation
Working at Laika
At Laika, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to come up with new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and have created a workplace where the best idea wins and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Laika combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Laika helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include: J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We're growing customers and revenue dramatically and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. Director/ Director of Marketing that thrives in a fast-paced, performance oriented environment. This person will report to the Vice President of Marketing and be responsible for leading the strategy, execution and measurement of our paid acquisition efforts which will contribute to significant revenue growth attainment. You are not just talented at strategy and execution, but also possess the communication and leadership skills required to motivate and inspire your team and other cross-functional teams. Areas of ownership include Pay-Per-Click advertising, paid social, content syndication, sponsored webinars, newsletters, podcast advertising, partner co-marketing, etc. Your direct team has two established marketing managers, and will continue to grow under your guidance with additional headcount earmarked for you to hire and coach. The broader marketing team includes product marketing, content marketing, brand & design and project management resources. We love collaborating and seeing each other succeed - it is all about teamwork! We set clear expectations through quarterly OKRs and our goals are mapped to company-level revenue targets. We are a numbers oriented team that requires visibility into how we’re performing. Alongside the VP of Marketing, you will help to develop Lead, MQL (marketing qualified lead) and SQO (sales qualified opportunity) targets and be responsible for recommending the budget, channels and resources required to meet or exceed those goals. The marketing team at Laika is highly-visible across the organization and is a core driving force of our current and future growth.
- 7-10 years of experience in growth marketing role, minimum 3 years high-growth B2B
- Proven experience leading rapid scale growth directly attributed to revenue growth
- Hands on experience with B2B tech stack like HubSpot, Salesforce, 6Sense, Outreach.io, etc
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar marketing budget
- A deep understanding digital marketing strategies and tactics including webinars, email marketing, social advertising, nurturing & remarketing, etc
- Experience executing programs across all stages of a B2B funnel
- Experience effectively partnering with content and product marketing to identify the right offers that will convert in various channels
- Proven ability to craft a compelling narrative and develop campaign themes/concepts that will resonate with our prospective buyers and customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience coordinating customer testimonials and reviews for 3rd party sites
- An understanding of optimizing and measuring digital marketing activities
- Demonstrable empathy and understanding of how to best work with our partners in sales, operations and partnerships
- Experience managing a budget and presenting marketing plans and outcomes for approval
Nice to have
- HubSpot Inbound Certification
- Physical Event Management Experience
- Content Marketing Experience
- Customer Marketing Experience
- Compliance experience
- Development & communication of our monthly/quarterly/annual demand generation programs and outcomes
- Collaborating with RevOps and Business Analytics teams to help ensure effective reporting and performance visibility
- Collaborate with Director of Brand to ensure alignment on visual identity and quality UX
- High-quality execution of digital marketing campaigns
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly performance reporting on demand generation campaigns and lead nurturing effectiveness against stated goals
- Budget management and reconciliation
- Creation of digital assets (emails and landing pages) in HubSpot required to support campaigns
- Configuring and setting up tracking in HubSpot/Salesforce to measure campaign results (with support from marketing operations)
- Communicating plans, expectations and results to senior marketing leadership
- Being a supportive teammate!
- The salary range for this position is $145,000 - $200,000 which will be commensurate with experience plus up to 20% variable
- Exceptional healthcare
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work from home model
- Unlimited PTO
- $800 stipend for home office equipment
- Quarterly wellness and home wifi stipend
- Paid courses and certifications
Laika provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Laika helps companies ace security audits.