As a Growth Lead, you will be responsible for driving developer interest in Medusa. Your key objectives will be focused on demand generation with metrics such as #new-projects-started.
What you’ll work on
- Recurrently identify, discuss and validate growth initiative pipeline together with the Medusa founders
- Execute ideas through small MVPs and scale successful ones for further adoption
- Lead end-to-end execution of initiatives, sometimes with support from other Medusa teams (e.g. Engineering, Design or Docs)
- Work data-driven to measure the success of growth initiatives and draw learnings from each
- Lead collaborations with content writers, ecosystem partners and other devs
- Work closely with the founding team to promote new product features and releases
Who you are
- Previous Growth experience. Minimum 3 years of experience in previous Growth (Engineering) role or fields related to Growth experimenting
- Experience with Growth tools. Experience aggregating growth-related data using growth tools (e.g. MixPanel, GA etc.).
- Engineering experience. Fully capable of independently executing growth experiments that require technical implementation (both frontend and backend)
- Excellent communication skills. Capable of communicating well to a developer audience both verbally and in writing.
- Proactive by nature. You are confident in taking own initiative and thrive when given strong ownership.
- From a start-up environment. You have worked in (or have a strong appetite for) a fast-growing startup environment.
- Founder experience. Previously founded own company or worked on a larger individual project.
- Remote experience. Well accustomed to working in a remote-first environment with async communication being a priority.
- Advanced data understanding. Capable of setting up a larger data aggregation setup and experience working with advanced SQL querying.
- Experience with dev-growth. You have worked with growth-related tasks at similar dev-first companies.
What you get
- A competitive salary and ownership in one of the fastest-growing ecommerce startups around.
- Remote first and flexible working hours. As long as you get your work done, you can work from almost anywhere.
- Full WFH setup and $500 per annum to spend on your remote workspace. New plant?
- Company retreats, virtual Friday bars, community events and many other activities.
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working space.
- Discovery Days every Friday promoting explorative projects.
For more details on our benefits go here.
So far, Medusa has managed to become one of the fastest-growing projects on GitHub. It is now the leading open source commerce platform for JS developers. In less than a year, the project soared to +10,000 GitHub stars, +3,000 community members and +10,000 project starts.
Companies - from fast-growing start-ups to publicly listed ones - have adopted Medusa, with many already using it in production. In the Summer of 2022, Medusa closed an $8M seed round and is now looking to invest heavily in growing the team.
We work remote-first with a diverse and young team from different parts of the world. We appreciate hard-working people with a can-do attitude and in return give great flexibility in terms of working style and extensive responsibility early on. We are a small and caring bunch that treats our team as a community on its own.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The open source Shopify alternative