Senior Demand Generation Manager
Float is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, serving Canadian businesses with our innovative smart corporate card and spend management solution. Float’s team is customer-obsessed, passionate, vibrant, and entrepreneurial, and includes executives from Uber, Shopify, Ritual, and many other incredible tech companies!
At Float, everyone is an owner, bringing their unique perspective to our team and product. Your voice is important, and we take having a culture based on feedback seriously. We openly share our thoughts, feedback, and differing opinions so we can continue to improve. We do our best to keep our decision making decentralized so that all team members contribute.
Float empowers companies and teams with smart financial products, helping them achieve their most ambitious goals. We’re making finance more accessible and saving companies and their teams time and money, while disrupting the multi-trillion dollar global B2B finance industry. Backed by some of the best venture capital investors in the world, including Tiger Global, Golden Ventures, and Susa Ventures, we’re looking for pioneers to help us achieve our vision. Join us!
About the Senior Demand Generation Manager role
We are looking for a savvy and ambitious Senior Demand Generation Manager to develop and scale Float's customer acquisition engine. This position requires strong digital marketing expertise combined with an adaptable, resourceful and growth-oriented mindset. You will be extremely hands-on in driving and executing growth campaign strategies and tactics from start to finish.
As the Senior Demand Generation Manager at Float you’ll:
- Plan and execute demand generation programs across multiple channels including digital ads, SEO and lifecycle marketing to reach weekly, monthly and quarterly lead targets
- Own the planning and execution of demand gen campaigns that support Float’s overall marketing strategy, working in collaboration with your content, design and product marketing counterparts
- Manage performance marketing agency relationships to achieve pipeline goals across paid social and paid search
- Measure and share results to distill learnings and insights that can be shared with stakeholders across broader teams and used to optimize future campaigns
- Manage a 7-figure demand generation budget, allocating spend to optimize for profitable growth
- Partner with the BDR and Account Executive team to ensure quality lead delivery and proper follow-up
- Build a consistent feedback loop and continuously improve and optimize lead hand-off processes and nurturing
What your week-to-week looks like:
- Collaborate with the Brand & Product Marketing Lead on upcoming campaigns to drive pipeline for a new product release
- Prepare and disseminate creative briefs for the design team for new campaign assets
- Check daily inbound lead stats to ensure we are tracking against target for the week and month
- Meet with our performance marketing agencies to track achievement of targets and discuss campaign optimization tactics
- Share your ideas on funnel optimization experiments with the Head of Marketing
- Plan your budget allocation for the following month’s ad spend
You’ll be great in this role if:
- You’ve got the experience. To be successful in this role, we’re looking for 5+ years of digital marketing experience with a B2B startup.
- You’re a T-shaped growth marketer. You have broad knowledge across the demand generation spectrum and deep knowledge of at least 2 channels within Paid Social, Paid Search, SEO or email marketing.
- You’re data informed. You have proven experience leveraging data and insights in making decisions. Funnel analysis is your middle name.
- You are a creative problem solver. You’re energized by opportunities to learn and adopt new marketing strategies and tactics. You stay on top of what the best brands are doing, are active in online communities, and bring new ideas to your role on a regular basis.
- You’re an owner. You love solving hard problems, aren’t afraid to ask tough questions, and take great satisfaction in hitting or exceeding your targets.
This role won’t be a fit if:
- You do not like to work asynchronously
- You are not a self-starter and do not like to work independently
- You have no prior experience of being accountable for pipeline or revenue targets
- You don’t like ambiguity
- You don’t know how to build marketing programs from scratch
- You don’t like regular feedback on your work
- You have poor attention to detail, especially when it comes to reviewing copy and creative
- You like to use the same marketing playbook that everyone else is using
If you don’t meet every requirement, but have relevant experience, a maddening desire to learn, and a lot of heart, please apply. We’d love to hear from you. Or if this role doesn’t sound just right, please keep checking back for more roles being posted.
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive total rewards
- Flexible work hours and time off when you need to recharge
- Hybrid (in-office and remote options available, depending on your preference)
- Small team = lots of autonomy to make impactful decisions
- A personal Float card with a monthly stipend to spend on what matters most to you
- A dog-friendly office
- Being able to say you helped build Canada's best corporate card and spend management platform
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Simplifying business spend for Canadian companies and teams