The Outreach Specialist will develop and implement a range of outreach and engagement programs for the Department of Entomology. In this role, you will coordinate and strengthen existing outreach programs (i.e., Bug Bowl) and the development of new and innovative programming that raises the profile of Entomology and the department, advances strategic initiatives and contributes directly or indirectly to recruitment of undergraduates into the department. You will be responsible for implementing and conducting qualitative and quantitative assessments of in-person and online program impact and using this information to make improvements to programs for long-term sustainability as well as work with faculty and staff to promote the Department to a variety of audiences and stakeholder groups, using a range of approaches, including developing and maintaining an active and coordinated social media presence. In addition, you will work independently and with others to secure funding to support K-12 and other education and outreach activities and engage with and develop programming responsive to under-served communities, including non-native English speakers.
- Master's in biology, entomology and two to three years of experience in K-12 educational program development and assessment
- 2 years of experience in data analysis, synthesis and reporting
- In lieu of degree, an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered (Bachelor's + 4 years of experience)
- Experience with scientific writing, including development of manuscripts, grant proposals
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written skills (prepare reports, funding submissions)
- Communication skills (prepare and present educational programs to diverse and wide-ranging audiences, including via interviews, social media and web-based communications)
- Valid U.S. or Canadian driver’s License
Your application has been successfully submitted.