Director of Digital Marketing
The Director of Digital Marketing is a key role within the ShipMonk Marketing organization, working in concert with our VP of Marketing, Brand/Creative Director, and Sales organization to generate and onboard new customers to our e-commerce fulfillment and 3PL business. Ideally, you are a no-ego hustler who likes boots on the ground, who has demonstrated experience in running the daily ins and outs of a modern digital marketing program. You're a seasoned veteran within the digital ecosphere, including:
Email journey strategies
Digital Marketing/AdvertisingUX and survey-based design
Digital content marketing strategy
A/B testing and post-mortem reporting
Marketing technology and automation experience
Our ideal Director of Digital Marketing has prior experiences in the SME disciplines above, but over the course of your career you've taken on more responsibility to direct programs, not just managing projects. In the course of those experiences, you’ve built a firm awareness in managing data systems, which inform your ability to implement strong digitally-minded content across all advertising and customer-visible mediums. Lastly? You’ve got the communication and team skills to work with a growing team of ShipMonkers eager to help their customers aggressively grow their businesses upward and onward.
What you'll do:
- Demand Generation: The Director of Digital Marketing will be responsible for the day-to-day guidance and operation of our digital marketing channels and the demand generation aspects of the front side of our funnel.
- Digital Marketing Strategy: You’ll push best-practice digital marketing programs in concert with the Digital Marketing Manager and creative team, from concept generation to output. You’ll direct the development, ownership, and continual honing of a comprehensive strategy for organic and paid marketing channels.
- Program Direction: Define team priorities based on wider business goals and customer needs. Assess the campaign-to-program level success of these strategies, ultimately providing a data-backed ROI on a forward 12-month project calendar. Coordinate with Creative and Sales teams to inform a prioritized schedule of requests.
- Creative: The Director of Digital Marketing will contribute to Marketing’s wider creative brainstorming/strategy for the development of new ideas/initiatives under the ShipMonk brand.
What you'll need:
- Digital Journeyman: You’ve got 10+ years of experience in managing modern marketing digital ecosystems at scale. Preferred candidates will have strong prior experiences either in eCommerce or SaaS product management, preferably in an established startup environment. Bonus: Previous experience with a 3PL (Third Party Logistics) or related industry.
- GSD Attitude: The Director of Demand Marketing is comfortable working with designers and developers to push web programs from inception to completion. You understand the importance of urgency in the operation of a business.
- Own Thy Stack: You’re familiar with the modern Martech stack: Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, automation systems software (Autopilot, Pardot), WordPress, and beyond.
- Fiscal Familiarity: Prior experience in owning and organizing significant budgets ($1M+) and providing accountable reporting towards ROI.
- Experience: The Director of Demand Marketing will have previous relevant experience in marketing, agency, creative, communications or journalism preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated, brilliant ShipMonkers -- the employees who collaborate to provide first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done. We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing growth, innovation, and diversity as key values. When we add new positions at ShipMonk, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near and long term.
Perks Of Being a ShipMonker
• Full health benefits coverage (medical, dental, vision)
• Unlimited Paid Vacation Time
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Dog-friendly workplace
• Wellness program (onsite gym, healthy snacks)
• Fun work environment (trampoline, ping pong table & games)
• Referral Bonus Program ShipMonk is an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Stress less, grow more!