Senior Manager, Product Marketing
Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of complicated SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with artificial intelligence (AI). We provide a solution that modernizes distributors' sales efforts. And in doing so, we help distributors better serve their customers.
Our company is in hyper-growth mode. We've had significant year-over-year revenue growth, and recently raised a $20M Series A backed by Felicis Ventures (investors in Twitch, Shopify, Opendoor, and many others) and Battery Ventures. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to join the Proton.ai team.
Proton is seeking a Senior Manager, Product Marketing to join our team at an exciting time. This is a key individual contributor role with an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a vital role in building out the product marketing function.
The Senior Manager, Product Marketing will own and manage product marketing ‘end to end’ from positioning & messaging to sales enablement. The product marketing leader we are seeking will love bringing stories to life through crisp messaging and impactful content. You will have a track record of crafting narratives, developing messaging & positioning, and creating custom content (across all channels) that enables sales success and drives revenue results. Our ideal candidate is someone who can easily pivot between high-level strategic thinking and vision setting while also being the executor with an eye on the details in a scrappy start-up environment.
We're a remote-first company and hire people from around the world. We are looking for someone based in the US for this role due to the potential amount of travel required and the majority of our customers being based in the US.
Salary: Base $150,000 - $175,000 (OTE 175,000 - 200,000) based on overall experience.
What you'll do:
Product Positioning / Branding
- Define ideal customer profile and segmentation strategies and create buyer personas through close partnership with customers, the product team and the go to market teams
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with buyers
- Craft our product positioning across all mediums, including the Proton website, to increase awareness and inbound leads
- Establish Proton brand standards and ensure that execution of all content and enablement materials in alignment with those standards
- Collaborate with Sales/Sales Enablement teams to enable Sales & Customer Success with clear value propositions, messaging and tools (sales decks, one sheets, case studies, etcs)
- Research and identify thought leadership opportunities and drive overall contents strategy
- Oversee the development of content (landing pages, blogs, webinars, videos, white papers etc) by outside agencies
- Partner with Demand Gen on building campaigns around our thought leadership to maximize reach with our audience and enable other teams
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Prior experience with an early-stage startup environment (Seed round through Series B or greater)
- Extensive product marketing experience, while also having strong content marketing knowledge
- Ability to be strategic as well as hands-on and tactical. Able to execute quickly in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A love of data and using it to make informed decisions while demonstrating measurable results.
- A combination of strategic thinking and problem solving, coupled with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute
- A collaborative approach in working with Revenue teams (sales, business development) to develop & execute effective marketing tools and campaigns
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- A sense of urgency in how you operate - You can roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to produce results.
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options - we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule - we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility, and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays - we even have tools implemented to detect burnout to make sure folks recharge regularly.
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) - we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend - to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave - that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid Off-sites - time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Help modernize the $7 trillion dollar distribution industry.