Senior Customer & Channel Marketing Manager
Clarity, a Series A cleantech startup, is looking for a seasoned Senior Customer & Channel Marketing Manager to help advance our mission of bringing clean air to the world. This person will work closely with our Customer Success and Sales teams to identify champions of our air quality monitoring solution, build an international community around the use of our products, and help both Direct and Channel customers get the most value out of our solution — increasing lifetime value and driving customer satisfaction.
Clarity is a globally distributed organization with headquarters in Berkeley, CA, empowering the world to reduce air pollution with air quality Sensing-as-a-Service. We are a diverse group of engineers, scientists, and makers motivated by doing something good in the world.
We make it possible for anyone to easily and cost-effectively measure, understand, and take action on air pollution. Our Sensing-as-a-Service solution is currently deployed in over 60 countries and is changing how cities and communities measure and understand their air quality. We envision a world where novel sensing technology, IoT, and cloud computing simplify air quality measurement, enabling cities and industrial facilities to scale up the number of monitoring sites and take data-driven action.
With Clarity, customers can cost-effectively deploy a dense network of low-cost air quality sensors spread over a geographic area. This approach provides hyper-local air quality data, which is relayed into the cloud and then flows into our web-based Clarity Dashboard to drive analysis and decisions.
Clarity’s highly accurate air quality sensing networks are deployed in more than 60 countries around the world, with sales occurring through both Direct and Channel sales. Customer satisfaction is a strong driver of our growth — our Senior Customer & Channel Marketing Manager will build on this foundation to leverage our customer base and channel relationships to drive additional sales and marketing opportunities.
- Customer & Channel Marketing strategy — build existing customer relationships and develop a deep understanding of our users to create targeted, engaging, and effective Customer Marketing campaigns that delight customers and unlock potential at every stage in the customer journey.
- Customer advocacy & engagement — think about customer experience across the lifecycle and be the voice of the customer at Clarity. Work with Customer Success to put together resources such as articles, email newsletters, and webinars/Q&A's to help at-risk customers with training and ensure customers get the maximum value out of our solution. Implement customer satisfaction surveys to drive change throughout the organization and establish a more formal process for prioritizing customer feature requests.
- Community-building — leverage user groups, events, and other tools to create a community around Clarity's products, share best practices, and discuss how our solutions are used around the world. Increase interaction with customers across various platforms and establish a program for distributing gifts and Clarity swag to community members. Nominate customers for awards as appropriate and keep up a cadence of social media posts highlighting our customers' work.
- Formalize the "Clarity Champions" program — including guest posting on our website, joining Clarity and/or third-party panels to discuss their air quality work, and collaborating on research/white papers.
- Upsell and cross-sell campaigns — e.g. email marketing or other campaigns to support sales' upselling/cross-selling efforts to existing customers (especially as we introduce new products).
- Expanding Customer Stories program — expand our Customer Stories program, including video/other mediums in addition to the current written format.
- Establish a customer referral program — to leverage our customers' networks and relationships to drive new business.
- Clarity conference — we are considering organizing our own conference and would seek input from this candidate on how to best approach this.
- Channel Marketing — work with our VP of Business Development to determine how to maximize Channel Sales by providing the collateral, training, financial incentives, lead commitments, and other materials required for a successful Channel Marketing program.
- Report on Customer & Channel Marketing initiatives — develop and implement a framework for measuring revenue and other business results from Clarity’s Customer & Channel Marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with a demonstrated ability to create and execute B2G/B2B marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy. Should be able to ideate and develop Customer Marketing campaigns with the following elements, while keeping the marketing calendar up to date with all planned programs:
- Email marketing — email factors heavily into our marketing efforts, so you should be experienced in writing promotional, product, and nurture email copy
- Digital marketing — should have the knowledge required to develop and manage digital campaigns as needed.
- Webinars — experience implementing and scaling a consistent webinar marketing program.
- Collateral — proficiency in developing marketing collateral tailored to specific industry segments and/or customer personas.
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers.
- Excellent communication and time-management skills with the ability to act as a liaison between customers and the rest of the organization.
- Creativity to ideate Customer Marketing programs, and analytical skills to determine the effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts.
- Confidence working in a high-autonomy, fast-paced, remote environment where you'll be responsible for decisions that influence the direction of the company.
- Experience with a modern Martech stack — Hubspot expertise is a plus.
- Desire to roll up your sleeves to build a great company that is making a measurable impact on the global air pollution and climate change crises.
We’d love to also see the following in the ideal candidate, but if you don’t have it, we’ll help you learn it:
- Familiarity with the air quality or environmental monitoring space.
- Experience marketing IoT or cleantech products with a long, complex sales cycle.
- Previous Customer Service, Customer Success, or Account Management experience.
- Experience with event marketing to help plan and manage conferences, tradeshows, and virtual events.
- Full-time position
- Reports to Director of Marketing
- Location: This is a fully remote, work-from-home position. Clarity Movement has no central office but staff collaborates extensively via video call meetings. For day-to-day work, the candidates must furnish their own quiet office space for conference calls.
Working at Clarity has its perks:
- We are remote-work friendly, offer flexible working hours, and encourage all employees to use their unlimited PTO.
- For all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities.
- Clarity Movement provides a computer and other basic office equipment to ensure you are set up for being able to work comfortably while working remotely.
- We strive for inclusive and equitable practices and also provide a general remote allowance to allow each team member to use these funds in the way that suits them best when working remotely.
- Clarity holds regular hybrid (virtual and in-person) team and company events.
Clarity Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other basis protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Learn more about Clarity Movement and our work on our website at https://www.clarity.io/
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make air quality measurement easy