VP, Marketing and Communications
The VP of Marketing and Communications will develop and implement an integrated marketing strategy that drives growth with product and content marketing consistent with our scientific and mission-focused values.
Lead marketing and brand strategy across all client touch points including website, social media, collateral for new opportunities, public relations, events, and digital.
SafeSide Prevention provides leadership consultation and professional training for health, education, and government organizations to unite and inspire their primary care and health workforce around suicide prevention. Our mission is to strengthen organizational cultures of safety, prevention, and recovery through best practices and supporting staff with innovative, continuous education and development.
SafeSide serves organizations in Australia, New Zealand, the US, and Canada. In Australia, SafeSide has partnered with NSW Health Towards Zero Suicide Initiative to train mental health teams statewide and with the Departments of Veteran Affairs and Defence to implement and deeply embed the SafeSide Framework nationwide. In the US, SafeSide has partnered with the State of Utah, the South Carolina Department of Social Services, and with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention to disseminate primary care training through local chapters in all 50 states.
We are committed to a diverse, inclusive, and flexible work environment. We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. We have the best team when it is a diverse team. SafeSide works extensively with military and veteran organizations, and we highly value the skills, experience, and mindset that veterans bring to the workplace.
Do the best work of your career
Believe it or not, we have grown SafeSide from seed to scale entirely by word-of-mouth and referrals from enthusiastic customers. Imagine the impact we can have with you on our team!
Do the best work of your career
Believe it or not, SafeSide grew from seed to scale entirely by word-of-mouth and referrals from enthusiastic customers. Imagine the impact we can have with you on our team!
SafeSide is a fast-paced, emotionally healthy environment where great ideas flourish. We stretch and support each other. We love our work and our families.
In this role, you will build SafeSide’s communications from the ground up. At first, you’ll draw on contractors, then build a world-class in-house team as you help us grow. As you’ll see below, the job isn’t small. The ideal candidate is a mix of strategic and hands-on–leader and doer. If you’re like us, you’ll look back a year from now with tremendous satisfaction at making a difference…and wonder how you did it all! So, if you are an experienced marketer who likes to build and cares about mission, consider joining our growing team.
What You'll Do
- Product Marketing: Gain a deep understanding of our audience, develop our positioning and messaging, and communicate about SafeSide's programs and their benefits. Develop collateral to support engagement with new opportunities.
- Product Led Growth: People who experience SafeSide's programs are usually blown away by the quality and service. We want your help designing experiences (demos, trials) to provide potential partners with self-serve firsthand experiences and easy access to talk with our team for consultation on their purchasing decision.
- Thought Leadership (Content & Community Marketing): We have the expertise and a point of view on the science and practice of suicide prevention. You'll own the content calendar to provide massive value to future and current customers, new talent, and partners. This includes a strategy for delivering consistent valuable content to followers on social media–this work isn't about us, so our posts shouldn't be either.
- Brand & Storytelling: Understand the heart, vision, and story of SafeSide. You'll shape what SafeSide looks, feels, and sounds like to the public. Refine the brand guidelines to ensure consistency across all tactical platforms.
- Web Management: You'll own the website, make updates, and write copy as needed to ensure it looks fantastic and converts. You'll own improvements to the web functionality, including increasing 'self-service' options for clients to sample programs, select services, and generate proposals and quotes.
- Ops & Analytics: You will work with our technical team to build workflows, figure out what works, test and scale. You will manage and help grow the marketing budget, ensuring we are operating efficiently and meeting metrics and goals, which you'll help create.
What You'll Bring
- An Eye (and mind) for Design: You have great taste for creatives and apply design thinking to build your team and solve problems.
- Breadth & depth: You understand marketing and communications and have depth in at least two areas: product marketing, content marketing, and social media.
- Scrappiness: Although you're a senior leader, you understand start-up culture. You're comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. If you don't know how to do something, you'll figure it out.
- High-quality bar: You deliver high-quality work, pay close attention to detail, and take ownership.
- A 'Measure Me' Attitude: One of SafeSide's core values is "Measure It." You aren't afraid of accountability to number and revenue, which funds our mission.
- Management: You have experience hiring marketing employees, contractors, and agencies and managing them effectively.
- Collaborative Approach: You thrive in a team environment and have experience working in cross-functional teams. Our core value of Meliora (ever better) means you give and receive feedback early, often, and well.
Where you'll work
Most of our project partners are in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, so extensive marketing experience in at least one of these regions is required. The successful candidate will work remotely with our international team and clients from a home office. You must be able to travel within the US and Australasia a couple of times per year and support work across multiple time zones.
The position of VP of Marketing and Communications is newly created. The successful candidate will assume supervisory responsibility for our suppliers, a small staff as the organization grows and report to the Chief Experience Officer.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration package in line with their skills and experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.