Senior Manager, Content
We are Domosapiens- uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision-maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; and nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization and better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
Position Summary: The Sr. Manager of Content Operations leads the Content Operations Team at Domo. A vital role in the Product Marketing org, this experienced leader is accountable for the full lifecycle for Domo’s marketing content, including content creation, content vendor management, thought leadership, digital asset management, tagging, distribution, and marketing content performance optimization. This role works cross-functionally with sales, product, CS, and other major stakeholder groups at Domo, and is responsible for developing a year-long editorial calendar, conducting content audits that meet product marketing standards and requirements, ensuring quality content on major Domo digital properties like Domo.com, writing scripts for product and brand videos, and more.
This practice functions as the content operations hub within Domo’s growing global marketing organization. The role aligns with product marketing, demand generation, and the Director of Content Marketing on content strategy, planning, editorial, and works closely with project managers responsible for Marketing Automation, Global Web Operations, and Global Demand Generation teams to define and execute digital distribution points and customer content journeys. They work with the Director of Performance Marketing and Analytics to measure and analyze the effectiveness of globally distributed marketing content.
Content management + creation, process planning, workflow efficiency, and exceptional communication are second nature to this analytical and thorough leader. The successful candidate is passionate about enterprise SaaS / B2B marketing content, is courageous in pursuing global-scale challenges, and possesses deep knowledge of content operational models deployed for the BI/Analytics industry. These qualities enable the Sr. Manager of Content Operations to engender trust and alignment with stakeholders at all levels within the global business.
In your first 90 days, the Sr. Manager, Content Operations will:
- Create a variety of new assets for Domo’s Data Apps Global GTM (website content, video scripts, one-pagers, blogs) - and Work with a team of outsource content providers;
- Lead a marketing content audit and develop a system for content cataloging and taxonomy;
- Help implement Pathfactory—a content intelligence platform for KPIs and content performance;
- Co-lead the procurement of an Enterprise Content Management System (ECM);
- Work with the Program Management team to define, revise, create, and implement all marketing content workflow blueprints;
- Develop and distribute the working model for global content operations at Domo;
- Develop the roadmap and strategy for scaling Domo’s marketing content maturity.
- Lead overall content lifecycle management, informing processes from planning to creation through final approvals, publishing/activation, auditing, measurement, curation, and maintenance;
- Create, operate, and lead global-scale marketing content governance, distributing to all key Domo regions in a center-led model;
- Lead team on the execution of localization and translation of marketing content, informed by business objectives, marketing strategy, and local tactics;
- Provide operational support to Creative Team resources in the content strategy and creation phases, engaging cross-functional participants on workflows, project plans;
- Provide and report insights and analysis on content asset value, leveraging outputs from Marketing Performance & Analytics team; make recommendations for optimizing content quality, processes, and activation channels.
- 7+ years of enterprise content, corporate marketing, content marketing and/or agency experience;
- Background in content creation as a writer or editor is preferred;
- Experience at a data-driven analytics company a major plus;
- 5+ years experience as a product marketing manager a major plus;
- Experience working within a tech company or agency;
- Content lifecycle management expertise;
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and consensus-building skills;
- Strategic marketing mindset; Can map content to the journey of the buyer, segment, or persona;
- Talent for presenting plans and results to cross-functional team members, including senior management;
- Exceptional planning and operational skills;
- Can work hands-on with team to manage content audit process and inventory maintenance, taxonomy management, content tagging, and metadata management;
- Strong ability to use content measurement tools to extract actionable data and conduct analysis;
- SaaS industry experience is preferred;
- Exceptional communicator with keen listening skills;
- Creative and innovative;
- Analytical; Can see, communicate, and act upon the “story” in data;
- Strong business acumen; Adept at mapping content plans to the customer journey and sales funnel;
- Fast learner, can understand new technologies and changes to processes;
- Champions buyers, customers, users, and sales resources;
- Flexible and able to shift strategies and tactics when required;
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient with time management
- Stays up-to-speed on relevant industry trends and innovations in content operations and content marketing.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.