Senior Manager, Demand Generation
ThinkData Works Inc. is a Toronto-based technology startup whose data catalog is used by some of the foremost organizations in the world to process and refine data into usable products. We host one of the largest repositories of publicly available data - including the world’s largest repository of COVID-19 data - and enable our clients to discover, govern, and monetize that data that powers their business. We’ve raised more than $11 million in financing from world-class venture capital firms including First Ascent Ventures, Yaletown Partners, Extreme Venture Partners, and the BDC.
Our tech, our growth, and our team have been acknowledged for their excellence through various industry awards including being recognized as one of Canada's Top Growing Companies by the Globe and Mail, one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital, and the Overall Data Science Solution of the Year by Data Breakthrough Awards.
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time Senior Manager, Demand Generation to join our Marketing Team. This role will develop and execute strategies and tactics to drive demand for our external data catalog software and data products. The ideal candidate will have experience with a wide array of marketing channels, tactics, and disciplines, specifically email, webinars, digital marketing, events, and an understanding of marketing automation. This position will report to the VP of Marketing, and will work closely with other members of the Sales & Marketing Team.
You're a collaborative self-starter who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved in ideation, planning, execution, measurement, and optimization of campaigns and programs. You’re comfortable working with outside vendors, but also jumping in yourself as needed when it comes to writing emails, creating slide decks, and other program needs.
- Design strategic programs and campaigns to fill the funnel with quality leads, nurture and educate existing leads, and ultimately produce pipeline revenue for Sales
- Focus on driving results with specific market segments, including key verticals, industries, job roles, company sizes, and accounts
- Tactical execution of marketing programs including hosting webinars, running email campaigns, event-based lead generation, sponsorships, content marketing, and more
- Inform the development of content whether in-house or as part of vendor relationships management – including occasional copywriting work and hands-on content production as needed
- Be an active contributor to a collaborative and supportive team culture where we respect and enable each other to do our best work
- 4+ years of experience in a Marketing, Demand Gen, or Lead Gen role
- Track record developing marketing strategies that have provided tangible results
- Strong understanding of lead generation principles including the Marketing funnel
- B2B marketing experience (software as a service is a plus)
- Ability to mentor and manage marketers
- Savvy at communicating and managing relationships both internally and with vendors
- Experience at a startup, a small company, or in a fast-paced environment is preferred
- Experience managing a budget with the expectation of indicating ROI
- Entrepreneurial, highly motivated and adaptable
- Advanced project and time management skills
- Experience with Hubspot is a plus
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation. You will earn a salary commensurate with your experience and will receive stock options to participate in the company’s growth and success.
- Career development. We believe in informal mentorship and formal training. You will work closely with our VP of Marketing. In addition to lunch-and-learn workshops, you can take advantage of our annual Learning Allowance to pursue further knowledge in any relevant area of professional development.
- Great benefits. We have competitive extended health, mental health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, as well as a parental leave top-up program.
- The opportunity to make a mark. We are growing. And with that growth comes the need for people with insights to help us scale. You will have the opportunity to apply your insights, try different methods and introduce best practices, building out a framework for our Sales & Marketing Team.
- An amazing team. Collaboration across teams is paramount to our success and our culture as we scale. At ThinkData Works, we prioritize mental and physical wellness. We believe in balance as we grow, we know how to have fun and enjoy spending some extra time together outside of work.
Need more reasons to join?
We may be technologically driven, but like any good Canadian we know the best ideas are thought of up north in a cottage. Before (and hopefully after) COVID-19, we’ve taken annual 3-day retreats for mission setting, aligning with our goals, product management and team building. We’re not saying this involves a beer keg, guitars and campfires. But we’re not saying it doesn’t.
We are managing our growth. We continue to promote and nurture the open, collaborative nature of who we are and how we work.
Some final notes before applying
ThinkData Works is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates with a disability taking part in all aspects of the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, or national or ethnic origin.
We know there may be gaps on your resume or ‘non-traditional employment’ however, we know life happens and invite you to apply
We are conducting all interviews remotely at this time, however, we have fully embraced hybrid working. For us, hybrid work means our employees have the choice with their managers and teams to decide where they work, whether that’s from home or from our office.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
More Data. Less Overhead. Full Confidence.