Senior Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications
The Senior Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications will lead teams and manage staff within the distinguished College of Health and Human Sciences and report directly to the Dean. The individual in this role will lead the execution of intentional, strategic brand-building marketing and communications functions. The ideal candidate will coach teams as they execute marketing and communication projects to meet the specified needs of a creative brief and drive desired results while operating within scope, time, and cost constraints. Areas of oversight may include creating and owning an annual marketing plan, developing strategic creative briefs, long-form writing and copywriting, multimedia design, editing, and producing. In addition, the Senior Director will create and oversee professional, on-brand educational and promotional materials, plus advance an effective and modern social media and digital marketing strategy.
The Senior Director should understand and ensure that internal and external communications align with the university’s brand and brand guidelines/policies, as well as track and communicate the status of projects. Additionally, this individual will consult with stakeholders to identify key constituencies, ensuring consistent, effective, and integrated messaging. May collaborate with leadership in marketing and strategic communication goal development.
- Bachelor's degree
- Eight (8) to nine (9) years of experience
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered
- Fiscal responsibility and budget management experience commensurate with executing an integrated marketing and communications plans
- Experience working with and directing creative strategy and resources in the areas of content marketing, communications/PR, social media, and digital marketing, direct marketing, websites, broadcast, and print collateral
- Significant executive-level organizational management experience in a marketing and communications environment
- Significant brand development, brand management, and messaging strategy experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Impeccable writing skills
- Master's degree
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.