Partnership Marketing Manager
As an emerging leader in the network security software space, Tailscale has a robust network of existing and potential partners. Building a best-in-class partner marketing program is integral to the success of the business. We’re seeking a strategic and data-driven thinker who can lead dynamic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external partners. From developing in-market plans to driving impactful campaigns, this person will work cross-functionally to drive success for Tailscale and our partners.
- Act as a Tailscale marketing subject matter expert for our partners by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, and taking a balanced consultative and systematic approach to achieve measurable results through joint product and marketing efforts.
- Establish new partner marketing motions from the ground up to support new partnership types, while also developing and iterating on marketing programs with existing partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive channel-wide initiatives such as partner comms, launch campaigns, enablement, and content creation.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with key partner stakeholders and marketing counterparts at partner organizations.
- Define and manage end-to-end go-to-market strategy for our product and marketing partnerships, including messaging, positioning, enablement, events, lead generation, and campaigns.
- Develop insights based on partner data, measure the effectiveness of partner marketing initiatives, and define key performance indicators aligned with the business and partnership objectives.
Ideally, you have
- Proven experience in a B2B partnership marketing role (software, SaaS), planning and coordinating marketing campaigns. PLG a plus.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize the most impactful initiatives.
- The ability to work autonomously, proactively communicate across teams, and strive for clarity in ambiguous environments.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative metrics with a focus on product adoption, revenue, sales, and other marketing goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both virtually and in person.
You should include these in your application
- Your resume
- LinkedIn profile
- An example of a product partnership you built, what it entailed, success metrics, and lessons learned. The more detail the better.
Tailscale is a fully remote company with employees in both the United States and Canada. We offer:
- Flexible (and reasonable) working hours — work/life balance is exceptionally important to us
- Competitive compensation, stock options, and 401(k) (for United States-based employees)
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, and more
- 4 weeks of paid vacation (standard across the company) + 12 company holidays per year
- An allowance for equipment to help you personalize your workspace
This is a full-time position. Our team is spread across Toronto, Montréal, New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Victoria, Phoenix, and elsewhere. We are looking for someone based in the continental United States or Canada who can maintain several hours a day of overlap with the Eastern time zone.
Tailscale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, creed, color, disability, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Please keep reading...
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: We’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria, unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
Tailscale builds software that makes it easy to connect and secure devices, no matter where they are. Every day, banks and multi-national companies use Tailscale to protect their corporate networks. Hobbyists and start-ups trust Tailscale to collaborate and share access to tooling. We're building a future for the Internet that's easy, small and safe, like it used to be. Founded in 2019 and fully distributed, we're backed by Accel, HeavyBit, Uncork Capital, CRV, and Insight Partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A secure network that just works