Sr Outreach Strategist, Publishing and Insurance (Marketing)
Church Pension Group (CPG) is a financial services firm located in Midtown Manhattan. CPG was founded in 1917 to provide pension benefits to eligible clergy of the Episcopal Church. Since then, its mission has expanded to include life and disability insurance, health benefits, property & casualty insurance, and publishing.
The Engagement Strategy (ES) team supports CPG's business and corporate goals by deploying compelling marketing, education, and other engagement strategies that motivate our clients and empower our employees to take steps toward achieving their own goals, while deepening their affinity for CPG.
The Senior Outreach Strategist, Publishing and Insurance will spearhead the development of compelling marketing and engagement strategies to support publishing assets and property and casualty products and services. These strategies are designed to motivate our B2B (administrators, publishing outlets, church leadership, vestries, trade associations) and B2C (lay and clergy employees) clients to take actionable steps, while also simultaneously strengthening their relationship with CPG. This position supports two affiliate CPG companies: Church Publishing Incorporated (CPI) and Church Insurance Corporation (CIC).
Effective performance of the essential functions of this position requires regular in-person, on-site interaction with colleagues, both for purposes of relationship building and meaningful collaboration.
- Identify and execute strategic initiatives that build CPI and its imprints among key audiences in the Episcopal Church community.
- Support CIC’s B2B relationships by providing marketing and outreach support and tools to help the account managers and their clients better manage church properties and assets.
- Work closely with the Content and Creative Services Team to develop the content to support marketing plans, working side by side with them in the review process with the BU/CU, legal and compliance, and to keep track of deliverable target dates.
- Coordinate channel delivery of marketing plans working closing with Content and Creative Vertical to meet target dates for across platforms - emails, print, website, social media etc.
- Plan and develop strategies to repurpose existing content to meet business needs and goals.
- Manage tracking, analysis, and reporting of metrics to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of programs, campaigns, or events, as well as learnings to inform future campaigns and client outreach.
- Manage annual budget planning.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategic decision making and problem-solving skills
- Extensive publishing industry experience
- Clear written and verbal communications skills to express ideas and share marketing strategies
- Desire to stay current on the latest marketing strategies and best practices
- Analytical skills to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing plans and campaigns
- Direct response and digital marketing execution experience
- Ability to collaborate and work with other verticals and BU/CUs
- Strong project management skills
- Multitasking and organizational skills –handling diverse types of projects and personnel.
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree or combination of education and work experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Commuting to the office, on average, three days a week. Extensive use of a computer keyboard is a demand of the position to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable someone with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Hybrid (two days working from home, three days working in a standard office environment). Church Pension Group employees must maintain a professional, compassionate, and trustworthy work environment always. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable someone with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job within this environment.
Salary Range: $80,400 - $115,000
Join us and Create A Better Future For Yourself!
Flexible Benefits available to eligible employees:
- Medical (including Vision)
- Supplemental Dental
Core Benefits automatically provided to eligible employees:
- Employer funded defined benefit pension plan (five year vesting)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short-Term Disability (STD) coverage
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) coverage (elected as either pre-tax or after-tax)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Worker’s Compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retiree health insurance (eligible after 10 years)
- Retiree life insurance
Elective Benefits available to eligible employees:
- 401(k) with matching contributions (immediate vesting)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- New York’s 529 College Savings Program (NY State residents)
Educational Assistance Program available to eligible employees
Maternity/Paternity Leave available to eligible employees
Time Off available to eligible employees: Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holidays
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Please understand that, as a general policy, CPG does not sponsor visas.
EOE: Minorities/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation
If you are a CPG employee, please use your CPG email address when creating your profile to apply.