Senior Growth Product Manager
At present, this role is only open to candidates based in the UK and Europe.
TryHackMe is the fastest-growing cyber security training platform, with over two million worldwide users! Our learning content covers all skill levels from complete beginners to seasoned hackers. We offer guided, gamified, hands-on training - teaching hacking and defence in action and spanning users across education, business, and personal development niches. 🥷
About the Role
The Senior Growth Marketer will work with the Head of Marketing to build out the growth marketing function and will be responsible for developing and executing growth marketing strategies, managing multiple channels, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
They will also be responsible for defining KPIs, creating full-funnel dashboards, and owning the marketing tech stack. The ideal candidate should have experience in PLG D2C2B startups, breadth in all areas of growth marketing, proficiency in marketing tools, and an experimentation mindset. TryHackMe’s growth up until now has been primarily product-led and word-of-mouth, so the candidate should be familiar with utilising these as growth levers. Responsibilities will include:
💡Strategy & leadership:
- Growth Marketing Strategy: Set channel strategy and plan campaigns to meet qualified lead and revenue goals.
- Channel Ownership: Execute growth hacking techniques to experiment with different channels and strategies to help best optimise marketing spend.
- Cross-functional leader: Collaborate on growth strategy across the company, share funnel metrics regularly, be a liaison between sales and marketing, and partner with product on in-product growth.
- Audience expansion & long-term planning: Build long-term growth strategy to increase TOFU & MOFU
🚀Growth marketing planning & execution:
- Marketing Analytics: Define KPIs and create full-funnel dashboards to help us measure, optimize, and scale our marketing efforts. Report on performance to the executive team.
- Own marketing growth in our B2B, D2C, and D2C2B motion.
- Website: Be comfortable setting up tracking, creating landing pages, following SEO best practices, and running a/b tests to improve our website’s conversion rate.
- Marketing Ops: Be an owner of the marketing tech stack, add tools and make improvements as needed. Current stack: Webflow, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Optimizely, Customer.io
- Marketing to Sales Handoff: Define the handoff to the sales team and work closely with sales drive qualified leads that convert to opportunities.
- Work with data, engineering, design and product to help TryHackMe scale growth efforts.
- Start-up B2C2B experience - you’ve worked at a startup, preferably with a PLG hybrid model. Early or scale-up (Seed-Series C) experience preferred.
- Understanding of all areas of growth marketing - paid acquisition, email/lifecycle marketing, SEO, website management & conversion rate optimisation, marketing ops and analytics.
- Channel management experience - experienced at executing campaigns across multiple channels, including paid, in-product and you can clearly describe the campaigns you’ve run and what you’ve learned.
- Proficiency in full-stack of marketing tools - you know what tools to use and how to use them—or you can figure it out quickly.
- Industry experience and/or passion for our mission
Your skills and approach
High-quality bar - you've developed marketing strategies and tactics that put the customer first and understand how to hit revenue goals simultaneously.
Experimentation mindset - you don’t just test things you’ve done before and understand the importance of testing and scaling what works.
An owner’s mindset - you can lead through ambiguity and dig into the details to solve.
A strong bias to action and sense of curiosity. As a fast-growing company, everyone’s scope is big and we’re always doing something new
Strategic and scrappy- as an early-stage company, we are still building out our marketing growth engine, you should be excited about the opportunity to get in on the ground floor. You’ll be hands on building and executing in tools, but you’ll also need to set goals and budgets, prioritise initiatives, and report on key metrics to the entire company.
You love the numbers - Analytical, technical and data literate - able to dig into our tracking, metrics, distill insights and tell compelling stories through data.
Benefits & Perks
🚣 Remote - In a fully digital world, we're not stopping you from working anywhere you want!
🕒 Flexi Time - Choose your own hours as long as you have at least 4 hours of overlap with London GMT (from 8am - 6pm)
⛱️ Company Retreat - an annual company retreat, fully paid for by us!
🧡 Health Insurance - if you're in a country that doesn't have public health care.
💻 Tools - You'll receive a dedicated work laptop, and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
💸 401k / Pension - TryHackMe makes it easy to save money for retirement.
💪 Personal Development - £2,500 training budget to acquire certifications, and more.
👕 Swag Pack - start your TryHackMe journey with a branded swag bundle!
Our Hiring Process
- Interview with Head of Marketing - an opportunity to delve into your experiences, skills, and knowledge related to the role.
- Take-Home Task - you'll be asked to complete a take-home task that evaluates your skills and suitability for the role. This task may involve analyzing real-world scenarios, developing specific strategies, or providing insights on improving existing initiatives.
- Review of task - you’ll present your take-home task on a call.
- Final interview & Culture Fit Assessment - this stage typically involves a meeting with another team member and the founders to evaluate your alignment with TryHackMe's values, culture, and vision.