Junior Content Marketer
Hatch is on the hunt for a Junior Content Marketer to help plan, facilitate, and execute our lead-generating content marketing efforts—which includes blogging, ebooks, email, ads, social media, and video content.
Our ideal candidate is creative, a talented writer, an exceptional communicator, and has a solid grasp on marketing concepts. However, specific skills don’t matter so much as the right attitude, mindset, and work ethic. We like action-takers!
You’ll be creating content that helps home service businesses to improve the approach and efficiency of their customer communication, sales and marketing strategies, and operational efficiencies—to ultimately increase ROI and grow revenue.
- Come up with content topics to increase lead generation and lead engagement—based on keyword research, audience insights, sales feedback, and/or existing content performance.
- Manage 3-4 remote freelancers—assign blog topics, edit and publish posts, submit invoices.
- Regularly look at performance and analytics to measure success, refine topics, and optimize content.
- Write blog posts yourself.
- Write email copy for nurture emails (weekly newsletter, ebook promotions, webinar invites, etc) and sometimes customer emails.
- Think of and implement ways to grow our subscriber base.
- Come up with ideas for A/B tests, measure and report on the strategy.
- Build out our social profiles
- Post regularly (using scheduling/automation tools)
- Find influencer accounts to connect and engage with
- Light reporting on performance and growth
- Combine and tweak blog posts to create longer guides which our designer will turn into a PDF
- Write templates for our customers to use for lead outreach, sales follow up, and customer engagement for our customers to use.
- Write landing page, ad, and email copy for guide promotion
- Product-related landing page and website copy
- Case studies
- Anything else you want to experiment with!
If you don’t meet all of these skills, fear not! We’ll take a fast learner with solid work ethic and high interpersonal IQ over the most skilled robot or sloth, any day.
- Content marketing - 1-3 years of professional experience with content marketing, preferably in a B2B/SaaS setting
- Copywriting - You know how to write for conversion; you’ve written copy for landing page, ads, emails, guides, and more.
- Creativity - You hate cliches as much as we do and like to come up with unique ways to resonate with readers.
- Blog writing - Your posts are organized, informative, and free of fluff. You also are a whiz at repurposing, repackaging and paraphrasing content.
- Conversational writing - You understand tone, can adjust according to audience, and can write professionally but personably.
- Communication skills - This is a big one! We educate our audience on customer communication (and provide templates). You’ll also need it for remote, cross-team collaboration.
- Initiative - You’re always thinking of new strategies and approaches to help bring improvement, whether with our internal processes, team culture, or customer-facing content.
NICE TO HAVES
- Artistic ability! Layout/design, UX, designing for conversion, etc.
- Creative tools (Adobe/Canva/video editing)
- CMS experience and basic HTML
- Experience with SaaS or service based business marketing
- Ability to explain SaaS concepts in layman's terms.
- A/B testing, Google Analytics, KPI reporting
What you can expect from Hatch
You’ll join a small marketing team of five that works closely with sales, and you may also collaborate with people in product and customer success. We’ll teach you plenty, but we all do a lot of self-teaching too (Google and YouTube are our friends).
Overall, Hatch is a performance-driven company that thrives on creative, growth-oriented individuals who are unafraid to try new things and make mistakes. You’ll experience the gratification of practicing your favorite skills while also the satisfaction of learning new skills through challenges and being pushed to new limits.
Our fast-paced environment requires confidence, conciseness, and scrappiness at times, with an end goal of providing the best possible service and experience for our customers.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Remote work and flexible scheduling
- A zero-ego, zero drama team that gets’er done.
Higher response rates, higher revenue.